Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legend

Become your own legend in this forum based RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion Area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
General Discussion Area Left_bar_bleue50000/50000General Discussion Area Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

General Discussion Area Empty
PostSubject: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:45 am

This would be where you talk about things that don't already have someplace to go. Things like politics and Real Life stuff. Think of this thread as the halfway point between RL and the Internet. In here, you're not a super being with powers or anything like that. In this thread alone, you're a regular human being that's using the Internet (or according to Former President Bush, The Internets).
---------------------------------------------------
So, how many people are glad he's gone? Bush, I mean.
Back to top Go down
Kalas Mibari
Admin
Kalas Mibari

Male Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Name: Kalas
Respect:
General Discussion Area Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000General Discussion Area Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

PostSubject: Lol nice topic   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Honestly, Bush could have been WAY worse. He didn't do much to help society, since his humurous takes on natural disasters and many scenes of people throwing shoes and other various items at him aren't helping, but I'm still amazed our economy lasted as long as it did after 9-11. Everyone thought after that happened the economy would be downright terrible, and it did, in fact, get that way eventually, but Bush did last a good while before all that mess with gasoline prices happened. I am, in no way, a republican or democrat siding with Bush supporters, but you have to admit, he was no worse than Arnold Swablahblahger could have been if he were to become president. Seriously, how the heck did he get appointed governor of CA? I mean, I like the guy in some of his movies, but i don't think he should be running anything besides a Boflex. Just saying. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://rockleerulezzz.deviantart.com/
glint
glint

Male Number of posts : 88

Character sheet
Name: glint
Respect:
General Discussion Area Left_bar_bleue50000/50000General Discussion Area Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm don't care that much about american politics...

1. I'm not an american
2. I might just don't care LOL!

But I'm more concerned about the global financial crisis
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Indeed. That beast of a problem is bad for everyone, not just Americans. Even the Chinese and their huge economy are taking a hit. I can't imagine how bad it is in say, Canada, France, Germany, or the UK.
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:15 pm

V wrote:
Indeed. That beast of a problem is bad for everyone, not just Americans. Even the Chinese and their huge economy are taking a hit. I can't imagine how bad it is in say, Canada, France, Germany, or the UK.

but I think its more of a social problem, you know, if all just would pitch in instead of hoarding either there money or there products there wouldn't be a crisis in the first place.
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:19 pm

That is true, but I think the problem is deeper than that. I think it's the system of ownership. If everyone owned everything collectively, and traded based on need instead of money, then I think the world would definitely be better off. Money itself has come to represent ownership, wealth, and power. And that kind of thing is bound to have a greed inflicting affect on mankind. Of course, community ownership is communism, which I do not support since it is a failed system. However, I still believe that Money is evil. Greed is the common emotion these days, which is sad, because we'd all be better off if the prevalent emotion was charity.

Last edited by V on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 pm

V wrote:
That is true, but I think the problem is deeper than that. I think it's the system of ownership. If everyone owned everything collectively, and traded based on need instead of money, then I think the world would definitely be better off. Money itslef has come to represent ownership, wealth, and power. And that kind of thing is bound to have a greed inflicting affect on mankind. Of course, community ownership is communism, which I do not support since it is a failed system. However, I still believe that Money is evil. Greed though is the common emotion these days though, which is sad, because we'd all be better off if the prevelant emotion was charity.

I beg to differ... money itself for my belief is not evil but those who use it with evil intention is. But I do agree with you about its usage. It should be used in necessity instead of greed. I know how it is to work for money ( in legal means LOL!) and though its kinda overwhelming to splurge it. I have seen how to spend it on comforts, take note comfort and NOT extravagance. I think the world should spend more time reaching out rather spend money hoarding in.
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Tiamatt Seirei
Admin
Tiamatt Seirei

Female Number of posts : 180

Character sheet
Name: Tiamatt
Respect:
General Discussion Area Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000General Discussion Area Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:32 am

i agree but there are people who need to save what they have in order to get what they need. Of course this doesn't mean hoarding but you get the point. And with the economy in the hole, people are losing jobs fast which doesn't help. This unfortunately, i believe, will raise the crime rate as those who lost jobs and yet can't find new ones due to so many companies and small businesses going under, resort to theft in order to get their needs and wants. Its sad that the world has become so obsessed with money but thats how it is.

People are just too materialistic. They want EVERYTHING yet ignore the little things that truly make life enjoyable and satisfying. Its true money is needed but simply for needs and some basic comforts but thats understandable. There are too many people who want something for nothing and then complain when they don't get it or when they do get it, blow it on something they might use for a little while and then forget about. Its rediculious but we've all done it at least once. If people could slow down and enjoy life for what it is instead of always wanting the newer, faster, better, easier whachamacallits such as overly fancy cars and house, games, jewelry, or electronics of basically any kind then I believe, that in time, the world could change for the better but i doubt that will happen. This includes potentially helping the world's economy even though it built on peoples' overly materialistic wants.

Last edited by Tiamatt Seirei on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a little more)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion Area   General Discussion Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion Area
Page 1 of 1