Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legend

Become your own legend in this forum based RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The World of Legend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
The World of Legend Left_bar_bleue50000/50000The World of Legend Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

The World of Legend Empty
PostSubject: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:17 am

This is the general Role Playing thread. Come here to post RP that is not fighting. It can be quests, random acts of funny/silly, or romance if that floats your boat. This is the thread where the day to day activities of Legend come to life. If you want to own a food stall and sell random NPCs food or weapons to members, then do so here.

Now...

*I walk into a stone building, built with aged bricks that have grown moss over the years, and gesture around myself.*

This is my forge where I'll be making swords. It's not complete yet, but it will be. For now, though, the shop is not open. There isn't even any fuel here... Anyway. That's all for now.

*I point at the building across the Street.*

Let's get back to the bar, shall we, I'm a hankerin for some Coca Cola.
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Name: glint
Respect:
The World of Legend Left_bar_bleue50000/50000The World of Legend Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 9:48 pm

* walks in and stares to give a sketch of the surrounding*

*Tavern : an oak wood, one room house, where a chandelier is lit with candle lights. Much decorations around the wall from paintings to pictures, while the tables and chairs varies from one set to another. A bar can be seen with many drinks, that range from iced tea to vodka.*

*yawns and goes to my own corner table and sits down observing those who come by, while writing a letter*
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm

*writes on the first page. "the weapon of forge" , then narrates what I'm writting*

Since a weapon smith and a mercenary by current profession, the wind blows towards the weapon of forge. Though the purpose is yet to be seen I am here, to make such one and I am driven to find one. Not for power nor for glory, I am here for the adventure and the chance to make a few friends along the way.

*ends witting and looks around waiting for the quest master*
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 pm

I walk in and blink a few times to let my eyes adjust. The Bar looks like it always does, dark, dank, and full of liquor. I spot a new comer in the corner, writing a letter. A pretty absorbing letter.
'I'll leave them alone,' I mumble to myself.
I approach the bar and take a seat, waiting for the bartender to approach. The bar tender gives me a look and automatically reaches under the wooden surface of the bar. He pulls a Coca Cola out from a cooler below and slides it down the bar into my waiting hand. I thank the bartender with a nod of my head and pull the tab to open the can. The customary snap-hiss is a welcome relief to the silence.
As I raise the can to my lips, I glance over at the newcomer in the corner. He was mumbling to himself. I ignored him. He was probably reading his letter out loud to make sure it sounded right.
I settled into my seat at the bar and rested my weary body.
"You okay?" the bartender asked.
"Yeah," I said with a nod. "Building a Forge isn't as easy as I thought."
"Yeah, no kidding," said the bartender.
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm

*eyes the strange brew called cola by the passer by, and with keen sense of observation, I silently thought*

this stranger knows how to use a sword, the way he holds his drinks gives it all, sword wielders has always a way with their grips and this one has good unyielding one

*as I keep an eye for something interesting I hear the magic word "forge" , I slowly drank all my iced tea and walk towards the bar tender smiling*

" another glass, buddy"

*slightly being able to glance, at the stranger, I observe that his packing a weapon, smirking at my own correct guess. I causally introduce my self*

I kinda over hear you say something about "forge"

yup that's pretty casually enough... to make him react

*I wait for his reaction*
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 pm

I eye the man who walked up to me. As he introduced himself, it became apparent that he was a mercenary.
What is a mercenary doing way out here?
I can see from the movements of his eyes that the mercenary is sizing me up. Apparently he was a good mercenary. I shook my head as I realized he was asking a question.
"Yeah, sure," I said. I turned to the bartender. "Get us another one will ya?"
"Coming right up," said the bartender. I turned back to the man now taking a seat next to me.
"I'm building a Forge here in town," I said, "I plan to make swords and other bladed weapons. Horseshoes too, but I'm working on a machine that can mass produce those so I can focus more on swords." I take a sip from my can of Coke. "The building's right across the street, but it's rather empty at the moment. What can I do for you stranger?"
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:25 pm

*I just smiled and back off a little* mission success, though this guy is cautious, too cautious *I face him and said*

Well, I'm kinda new in this town myself and getting to know the locals seems to be a good way to pass the time. Although I might add, that the locals might be "rowdy" they seems to be peace-loving, and so I wonder, how come your planing on mass producing weapons in such a peaceful town ?

jeezzz talk about ironic, a mercenary, asking why there should be a forge, and another, being a weapon smith as well.

*garbing the newly arrived iced tea, I take a sip, tasting for any hint of poison, there was none, then drank a little more,*

nice iced tea *while beaming at the bartender*
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 pm

"Ironic isn't it?" I asked. "Making weapons in an obviously peaceful town."

I finished off my can of Coke and crushed the can in one hand. I covered my mouth as I belched and tossed the empty can into a garbing bin.

"I'm actually not mass producing the swords themselves. A majority of the products needed are everyday things such as silverware, nails, and, of course, horse shoes. Swords are just a hobby of mine. You could say the swords I make are... special."

It's obvious that the mercenary is trying to get something out of me. He seem really interested in my forge. Or perhaps the weapons I make. Maybe he needs a new sword...

"Why are you so interested in my Forge?" I asked him. The mercenary stayed silent, so I assumed I'd called his bluff. Perhaps he'd just come right out and say what was bothering him. In any case, I needed to get back to my Forge soon.
Back to top Go down
Zukameku
Admin
Zukameku

Male Number of posts : 66

Character sheet
Name: Zukameku
Respect:
The World of Legend Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000The World of Legend Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 am

*I slide in on an ice path all iceman style*

what up?
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:01 am

*sees a familiar face and waves at zuka*

"Hey zuka " *slightly grinning, then goes back at this stranger*

either this guy is telepathic or just a good judge of character *smirking off, I block off my thoughts in any case*

"Yup, I guess it was ironic. Ow, by the way, before the purpose of my inquiries are answered, let me introduce myself. My friends calls me glint. I'm just a curious traveler with a variety of profession. Well, sitting around the tavern won't get my tabs paid and so maybe if you have a job at the forge, I could be of service. Although I won't be there full time, as long as it would get me through the day I won't mind."

*drinks a little more iced tea and continue on*

"Of course, I don't mind as well being able to have a discount at the forge as well. hmmmm so you create swords ehh? * My eyes sharpens and pierce to his eyes* "how special can your swords be?"
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 am

I grin at Glint's question.

So he wants to know about the Swords I make huh? Now his interest makes sense.

"Oh, they're very special," I say, playing it up. "I could tell you about it if want. But you'll have to do somethings for me first. Afterwords I'll tell you all about the... FORGE Swords."

I watch as Glint's expression hardens and then as he looks away, I grinned.

Did I just second guess his entire purpose for being here? Hmm, I must not be as rusty at reading people as I thought.

"Look," I say, holding my hands out. "In order for me to tell you anything, I have to know if you're trustworthy enough to know and powerful enough to wield it. In order to find out, I need you to find me several things. First, I need you to go into the Mystic Forest and find the Lonely Maiden Lake. Ask the Maiden for 200 grams of Titanium-Mythril Alloy. She should have some, I think. And don't bring a cart for the trip back, I want you to carry it. Once you get back, I should have more of my forge completed and I'll have more of my research unpacked. Traveling from Granholm isn't easy you know."

I pull out Batko Den from its holding place at my waist and hand it to Glint.

"Here," I say, "You'll need this to prove to the Maiden that you're there on my errand. Don't need you to be cut into pieces now do we. And be sure to bring this sword back. It may be made of wood, but it's important to me."
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:02 am

*yawns sleepily but not in a rude way while I listen to him, my mind wonders off, then look at him after he has his say*

This guy must have been a boss of some sort, he's so keen telling orders and such. I guess I play though

"wait, one. the question should also be WHY should I trust you. Two, if you must send me to somewhere you might as well tell me the name of the one whose sending me. Three, what so special about a forge sword? and four...." *with a grin I take a pause* How LONELY is this maiden anyway?

*looks at Batko Den*

hmmm great, not only I'm carrying some alloy, I have to baby sit some stick wood....."a very special stick wood" i might add
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:20 am

I laugh mirthfully and rub the back of my head.

"Haha, you caught me. I keep forgetting I'm not in the big city anymore." Glint give me a guarded look. "Sorry about giving out orders like a stuck up mule. My names V."

I grab Glint's hand and shake it fiercely. "I'm a former blacksmith from Granholm. Used to work for pretty expensive individuals..."

I let Glint's hand go. He appeared quite relieved when I did. Perhaps my grip was too strong. "At least I used to work in Granholm till that punk the Prince decided to exile me. Little jerk."

I stand up from my seat at the bar and toss a few coins onto the surface. The bartender takes the coins and they disappear beneath the counter.

"Anyway, the reason you're going to trust me is because I just paid your tab and I'll pay you half now and half when you return with the alloy and my sword intact. I need something to start my work here with and you need work, right? We can help each other. And I was involved in the research on the FORGE Swords at Granholm. They tried to replicate it, but failed."

I grinned.

"Or at least, they failed. I on the other hand have found a way to retrieve the swords that rule all the powers of the universe. But..."

I falter.

Glint may not be happy to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Zukameku
Admin
Zukameku

Male Number of posts : 66

Character sheet
Name: Zukameku
Respect:
The World of Legend Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000The World of Legend Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:59 am

*I wave back at glint then I grin very big*

"ya know glint i have one of his swords myslef

*i play around with it"

"just with i knew what to do with it"
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 pm

*eyebrows slightly raise with the flaunting of Zukameku, shrugging him off, I just look at V with a thought *

Since your probably reading my thought Its better this way, at least not within the earshot of people around here

*I smile, trying to measure up how he had grip my hand*

Anyway, just give me some more info and I'll be off by dawn, I just sleep this one night and get ready. Hmmm... you must have been a big city big shot for someone like him to get angry at you. I know that punk, some spoiled brat that usually has a big stinking bull's eye on his head. I been there too... along an arrow's sight don't let that brat spoil this night... the tea is nice and your brew is good... and sooner or later I could see how you handle a sword

*smiles and waves to the bar tender*

"one more buddy, before I go"
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 pm

"Sure," I said. I tossed a few coins to the bartender and turned to leave. "I'll meet you outside." I walked out the door, crossed the street and went back into my new forge.

"I guess no one ever said starting over would be easy..." I walk over to a barrel and pick up a hammer that I'd set down there. "Time to get back to work."

*Sounds of construction begin emanating from the old brick building once more.*
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 pm

*shrugs, and drinks the iced tea in one gulp*

wouldn't people think your crazy if your talking to yourself? I mean, I'm not talking and your just saying stuff
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:45 pm

I stop hammering and take a step back from my work. The chair is sturdy looking. I take a deep breath and sit down on it. The newly joined pieces of wood squeak a little but hold.

Looks like it's going to hold...

With a sharp snap, the legs give way and I fall to the ground.

"Oh for crying out loud!" I quickly stand up and kick the remains of the once proud chair into the wall. "AHHHH!" I grab my foot as a throbbing pain shoots up my leg from my toes.
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 pm

*blinks and ask him*

"Are you "REALLY" a black smith?"

*grabs the hammer and some nails then fixes the chair*
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 pm

I shake my head and take a few light steps on my foot. "I am a blacksmith not a carpenter."

I walk out of the forge and into the middle of the street. I point down the road, to the north. "That's the Mystic Forest. Inside you'll find the lake I told you about. And the only reason the Maiden won't kill you on the spot is because of that wooden sword I gave you."

I pull out a sack of gold and hand it to Glint. "You should be back before night fall, the journey isn't that long. And don't worry, the metal isn't heavy at all."
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:26 pm

*fixes the chair while listening intently before my imagination wonders off if the maiden is foxy, then nods while splitting the gold in my pocket and in my sash, stands the chair upright than tap it to make sure its stable*

"There, good as fix. well then, stick on being a blacksmith, but in my case its part of my previous profession to have an average skill of a wide range of professions"

*stands up and brushes of the dust before setting off for the night, yawning*

"Well see you in the sun rise"

*walks off to an inn*
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:39 pm

I sit on the chair and sigh.

"Thanks man," I said, "See ya tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 pm

*waves while walking all the way inside the inn, I put my belongings in a corner and put down on my desk all my weapons except for my own unnamed sword who I put next beside me before dozing off...dreaming... hearing of the girl again, as I mutter "sunshine" then completely blacks out*
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Character sheet
Respect:

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:22 am

*wakes and shakes up the sleep from my body, slowly standing up before doing some exercise with my sword and my weapons then goes on to stretching. I take a bath then goes to the inn's cafeteria where I eat a hearty meal of breakfast, going back to my room to brush my teeth and pack all my belonging, I imagine what it would be that lies before me. I took the wooden sword as a precaution half thinking I wouldn't want to take unnecessary fights especially when I'm in a retrieval mission. Yawning one last time, before, setting my room up and double locking it I go on walking down the road head. While glancing at the sun nearly rising on the horizon, a smile can be seen in my face*

"A bright new day, a bright new day indeed"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World of Legend   The World of Legend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World of Legend
Page 1 of 1