Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legend

Become your own legend in this forum based RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Story Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
Story Suggestions Left_bar_bleue50000/50000Story Suggestions Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:08 am

We need a story for this place. The Keepers and such are nice, as are the RP and such, but there is no real narrative here. So, if you get any story ideas, any at all, post them. It's likely that no ideas will be thrown away. However, our primary goal here is to discuss ideas and come up with a base story to build off of.
Back to top Go down
Tiamatt Seirei
Admin
Tiamatt Seirei

Female Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character sheet
Name: Tiamatt
Respect:
Story Suggestions Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000Story Suggestions Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 am

I still think the Keepers and the various FORGE swords would do well as a deeper part of the story. i'll leave Hiro, SoL, and Zuka to come up with stuff for the Three Kings
Back to top Go down
SoldierOfLight
Admin
SoldierOfLight

Male Number of posts : 42

Character sheet
Name: SoL
Respect:
Story Suggestions Left_bar_bleue100000000/100000000Story Suggestions Empty_bar_bleue  (100000000/100000000)

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am

Well oviously were gunna keep the Three Kings idea cause it was Hiro's after all. We'll come up with a idea for the background behind it ... Zuka and me have agreed on the idea that there were more Kings (10) but they were all killed by a opposing force or Being that killed all but the three ...
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
Story Suggestions Left_bar_bleue50000/50000Story Suggestions Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:24 am

Game Mechanic Idea: Making it fun.

It is my opinion that one key to making a game fun is to give the player something that is fun to do. I think Hiro, Zuka, and Tia would agree that it became more fun to RP when they got lands to control than before when they were just hanging out and RPing in the sparring room. Fighting's fun, but there has to be more to this than just that alone.

So I suggest giving the user something that they can then turn around and use it on their own. The FORGE Swords were a good idea, but they're more conceptual than acutally getting something. The Lands was a better idea, because its an entire thread and that helped reinforce the idea that it existed seperately from other spaces. However, the lands are still conceptualized for the player.

Now, I realize that RPing is pretty much an all conceptual thing. But maybe we can make it more than that. Is there anything we can give users aside from rank and bios, that will further involve them in the site. Is there anyway beyond story telling for players to interact? The chat system could come in handy in that respect since it's immediate.

So, let me ask these questions and see what kind of answers I get. Is there anyway to make a player come to a town and go to the inn to heal because they're low on health? Is there any way to count how much gold they have? Is there anyway to describe what equipment they have?

There must be ways to do all this and still be an RP forum. We just have to be innovative.

Also, we desperately need artists to draw some of the things we're talking about. I can only do so much and my skills aren't that great. Besides, I really only have an interest in drawing swords. So... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
glint
glint

Male Number of posts : 88

Character sheet
Name: glint
Respect:

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:34 pm

I know I'm not an admin but I have a suggestion too...

people like to have a sense of control of there surrounding... but just enough for laws to govern around them.

Imagine a marathon runner being able to run all he wants... that's the freedom.
But he cannot fly and can only run as fast as he could..... that's the Law

So What I suggest is to give people here enough freedom (which is for is still a little too much) and give a law governing them(to lessen that freedom).

Also, give them a purpose for why they need to seek a material of power NOT everyone falls in the GOOD and the BAD. Put people into an active role by placing something in their paths... through pm like a twist of fate. then put it out in the tavern. Those who don't reply can get a warning of some sort for not participating and etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Zukameku
Admin
Zukameku

Male Number of posts : 66

Character sheet
Name: Zukameku
Respect:

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:57 am

so yea it's been said but work with the three kings story and combine a bit with the forge sword thing i've actually been thinking on how we can mix them and make story lines outta it i'll get back to yas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story Suggestions   Story Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legend :: The Admin Area-
Jump to: