Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legend

Become your own legend in this forum based RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Legend Post Office

Go down 
AuthorMessage
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
The Legend Post Office Left_bar_bleue50000/50000The Legend Post Office Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

The Legend Post Office Empty
PostSubject: The Legend Post Office   The Legend Post Office Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am

A tall building with the Mail Carrier's Guild logo plastered on the front. They boast some of the fastest delivery times, but since they have no competition, there's no way of knowing if there is a faster way.

The building has 3 floors. Most of it is for mail sorting. The rest is office space for administrators of this Mail Carrier's Guild station.

Behind the building is a fenced in yard full of bulk products that are too big to be delivered directly to the destination. Legend, being a burgeoning small town on the Northern Reaches Frontier, has a lot of bulk items undelivered in its Post Office yard.
Back to top Go down
V
Lead Mod
Lead Mod
V

Male Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character sheet
Name: Valian
Respect:
The Legend Post Office Left_bar_bleue50000/50000The Legend Post Office Empty_bar_bleue  (50000/50000)

The Legend Post Office Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend Post Office   The Legend Post Office Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:57 am

I walk into the front office of the Post Office. I walk up to the reception desk, behind which a rather disgruntled old hag sits counting money. She doesn't notice me so I cough into my hand. She still doesn't notice me and continues to flip coins onto a pile on the desk. The pile is a decent size already and the bag she's pulling the coins from is still rather heavy looking.

I, being impatient, grin evilly and whisper, "12, 33, 156, 2, 53, 83, 99, 6273659..."

The old hag stops dropping coins and a disgruntled grimace grows onto her already crusty, wrinkly visage.

Hahaha, got her.

"What do you want, Mer V?" asked the hag with her gravely voice. I smiled and looked bravely into her burning eyes.

Geez... if looks could kill...

"I'm here to pick up that stuff I ordered," I said. I dropped the sack of gold onto the pile she'd already built up. Some of the coins rolled onto the floor. "I believe that should be enough to cover the taxes, fees, and cost of delivery."

The old hag set the large sack of coins down and opened the smaller sack I dropped in front of her. After a studious cursory glance, she looked back at me and nodded.

"This appears to be enough. All that stuff you ordered is in back. Don't mind the guard bears, they're trained to maul, not to kill."

Guard... bears?

The old hag put the sack of gold I gave her under the desk and picked up the larger bag. Then she continued counting as if I'd never been there.

Darn, I thought I'd gotten her. Maybe next time.

"Thanks," I said with a wave. The old hag didn't respond as I left the building and walked around to the back. I passed by two, 10 foot tall bears, but they didn't appear to care that much about me. As I came into the yard, I was momentarily overwhelmed by the amount of things piled there.

"Wow."

"What can I do for ya?!" I turned as a man- scratch that, a half-man, half goat walked around the large pile of stuff in the center of the yard. His arms were hairy and thick with corded muscles. His legs were just as thick and corded, but tapered off into cloven feet. And he wore overalls.

A goat-man wearing overalls... nice.

"I'm here to pick up stuff delivered for V," I said to the goat-man.

"Ah, been waiting for ya," said the goat-man. "Ya sure got a lotta stuff. What ya building, a mansion?"

"Nah," I said, "Just a forge."

"Ah, gotcha, gotcha." The goat-man led me toward the back of the yard where a pile of wood, a metal dome, and several other large devices lay on several 2x4 planks. "I hope ya got a cart with ya," said the goat-man. "Mehehehehehehe."
Back to top Go down

The Legend Post Office
Page 1 of 1